Sakshi Media Group
Sakshi.com, an online Telugu news portal presents real-time news from across the world, as and when it breaks. The News portal operates as a part and parcel of the media conglomerate, Sakshi Media Group, which broke new ground in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana by launching ‘Sakshi’ – the Telugu daily, using state-of-the-art technology. They also revolutionized broadcast journalism by introducing HD television, which presents news videos in the highest quality.
Challenges faced by the company before G Suite Implementation
Prior to their transition to G suite, Sakshi Media group was using the email service by Yahoo. However, they faced several challenges as many of their communication needs were left unaddressed. Some of these issues are listed below:
- The previous solution lacked many important collaboration features such as document sharing, real-time collaboration, and video conferencing, among many others.
- Email latency was a major issue.
- They had to depend on a third-party solution for mobile device management as they employ a large number of mobile workforce.
- For a company with a heavy mobile workforce, the current solution lacked a lot of mobility features.
- The only solution to all their problems was a cloud-based email collaboration platform from Google i.e. G Suite.
- The company evaluated its capabilities with Brio Technologies and decided to go ahead with the change.
- After adopting G Suite, they overcame the issue with email latency with a lot of ease.
- As a majority of the employees were already familiar with Gmail (as their personal email provider), changing their work email to G Suite was readily accepted by the staff and with minimal training.
- Besides, Brio organized a couple of in-depth training sessions about the mobility features as well as collaboration tools in G Suite.
- It only took them a couple of weeks to get all their employees on-board to G Suite.
- The IT Infrastructure and Support team was able to enforce the necessary policies on their data in the Cloud.
- Travelling time and overhead expenses were largely reduced as employees began using Google Hangouts for online meetings between different offices across countries.
- Familiarity with Google eased the transition and increased user adoption.
- The dependency on third party tools for daily operations such as video conferencing and document storage was reduced significantly.