About MIOT International
Providing high-quality healthcare services, MIOT International is a multi-specialty hospital located in Manapakkam, Chennai, India. It is a specialty hospital in the field of joint replacement surgeries, interventional cardiology, orthopedics, and trauma. The hospital has 1000 beds and employs 170 physicians. MIOT International receives nearly 3,500 foreign patients every year, a major chunk of which are from North and East Africa. These foreign patients account for around 25 percent of the hospital’s patients.
- Headquarters: South India, Chennai
- Industry: Healthcare
- Legacy Systems: In-House Zimbra
- Number of Employees: 1200+
MIOT International used to rely upon their in-house Zimbra Server, which restricted their communication to just email. Moreover, there were a host of other limitations such as frequent downtime, connectivity problems, spam and mobility concerns. They were in search of an all-inclusive solution which could provide uniformity and stability, and at the same time, allow them to connect with people using the latest cloud technology.
For successful migration to cloud technology, MIOT International collaborated with Brio Technologies Private Limited- cloud consulting experts who recommended and supported their digital transformation to G Suite.
Brio technologies guided MIOT through a comprehensive migration process after their project management team conducted meetings regarding the execution of the project.
The deployment services consisted of:
- Provisioning G suite accounts
- Migrating legacy email from their email clients and email server data to G Suite
- Mail Routing
- Device Management
- Document collaboration using Google Docs and Drive
- File storage and file sharing using Google Drive
- Change Management and online training
The process led MIOT International to adopt a range of Google Cloud products and services such as Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Forms which eased their daily operations. The result was a smoother workflow, real-time collaboration, and enhanced information management.
G suite Reports, alerts and reporting assisted MIOT in strengthening their IT infrastructure, especially the domain security management. Moreover, adopting a device management policy allowed the internal IT team to control Gmail setup accounts of the employees.
Switching over to G suite, MIOT was able to address the issues that plagued them earlier, and the results were:
- Reduced downtime, redundancy, and occurrences of lost emails
- Elimination t of spam and server breakdowns
- Reduced IT maintenance costs
- Elimination of unnecessary expenditures (such as perpetual licenses)
- Enhanced communication and collaboration across locations
- Increased storage and mobile accessibility
- Zero downtime since moving to G suite
- Ability to carry out remote meetings